Description: A carefully curated blend of several renditions of native yeast fermented, mature, barrel-aged beer, naturally conditioned with blackberry honey from The Valley’s Buzz.
- 34% Batch #4 blend, brewed 4/19/18: “Session tripel” fermented in open stainless steel totes with secondary fermentation in a horizontal foudre purchased from American Solera, along with a portion of Batch #6 (Pilot Pils Blonde Base), and then transferred to 225L barrels for additional aging.
- 19% Batch #5, brewed 5/1/18: High protein wort made from Pilot pilsner malt, raw wheat, malted wheat, and flaked oats, with half the batch transported hot for overnight cooling and inoculation in our coolship with the addition of aged whole leaf hops. The majority of the coolship wort was then transferred to barrels for extended aging, but a portion of it was also added back to the other half of the batch for fermentation in a stainless steel tote.
- 19% Batch #8, brewed 5/30/18: Blonde ale with raw triticale, fermented in an open foudre, with secondary fermentation in a horizontal foudre purchased from American Solera,
- 17% Batch #3, brewed 3/27/18: NZ151 Pale with Wheat & Rye), fermented in open stainless steel totes with secondary fermentation in a horizontal foudre purchased from American Solera.
- 6% Batch #6, brewed 5/16/18: Foudre-fermented Pilot Pils Blonde Base, used to top up barrels of Batch #3 and Batch #4 and as part of a solera blend.
- 6% Batch #7, brewed 5/23/18 (Pilot Pilsner Base with Whear & Oats) refermented with NY242 cherries from the WSU Mount Vernon research orchard, blended with an additional 83 gallons of Batch #7 from horizontal foudre F7, formerly owned by American Solera.
Packaging Date: 7/27/18
Total Volume Packaged: 1111 L / 293.9 gal; 8 20-liter kegs; 8 30-liter kegs; 948 750ml bottles
Grains: Pilot Pilsner Malt (4, 5, 8, 6, 7), Raw White Wheat (4, 8, 3, 6, 7), Raw Estica Wheat (4, 8, 7), Malted Wheat (5), NZ151 Pale Malt (3), Raw Triticale (8), Copeland Light Munich Malt (4), Copeland Vienna Malt (3), Flaked Rye (3), Raw Red Wheat (6), Flaked Oats (6, 7), Acidulated Malt (4, 5, 8, 6, 7). All purchased from Skagit Valley Malting.
Hops: Pacific Northwest Willamette (4, 8, 3), Mount Hood (4, 8, 3), and Perle (5, 6, 7) from Hopsteiner,.