Type: Beer (refermented with fruit)
Description: A blend of barrel-aged beer refermented with fresh Skagit Valley tayberries, barrel-aged beer refermented with NY242 cherries from the WSU Mount Vernon research orchard, and a small amount of additional barrel-aged beer, naturally conditioned with blackberry honey from The Valley’s Buzz.
- 42% Cherry Puncheon
- 39% Tayberry Puncheon
- 57 gallons from Barrel B3- 05: Batch #3 blend, brewed 3/27/18 (NZ151 Pale with Wheat & Rye), fermented in open stainless steel totes with secondary fermentation in horizontal foudre F7, where it was topped off with a portion of Batch #6 (Pilot Pils Blonde Base), and then transferred to 225L barrels for additional aging.
- 31 gallons of Batch #14, brewed 7/12/18 (NZ151 Pale with Wheat, Rye, Oats, Vienna, and Dextrin Malts), transferred from the upright foudre during primary fermentation
- 20 gallons of Batch #9, brewed 6/7/18 (Hoppy Blonde) from Barrel B1-08
- 148lb. whole, fresh, local tayberries
- 19% Barrel B4-12
- Batch #7, brewed 5/23/18 (Pilot Pilsner Base with Whear & Oats) with secondary fermentation in horizontal foudre F7, formerly owned by American Solera.
Total Volume Packaged: 1095.5 L / 289.81 gal; 7 20-liter kegs; 8 30-liter kegs; 954 750ml bottles
Grains: Pilot Pilsner Malt (7, 9, 6), NZ151 Pale Malt (3, 14) Raw Wheat (7, 14, 6), Malted Wheat (7, 3, 14, 9, 6), Flaked Oats (7, 14, 6), Flaked Rye (3), Vienna Malt (3), Acid Malt (7, 3, 14, 9, 6). All purchased from Skagit Valley Malting.
Hops: Pacific Northwest Perle (7, 14, 9, 6) Willamette (3, 9), and Mount Hood (3,9) from Hopsteiner.
Other Ingredients: Municipal Water from the Judy Reservoir; Skagit Valley Tayberries, NY242 cherries from the WSU Mount Vernon research orchard, Blackberry Honey from The Valley’s Buzz (for bottle/keg conditioning); our house culture of native Skagit Valley yeast.